Wood Working Reviews
Tools for Woodwork
The progress of building products using wood as the primary material is called wood - working. This may also include the process of carving something from wood.
Wood was one of the first materials to stand for used by our ancestors. Along with mud, stone and parts from animals, wood were high into tools. As civilizations develop, so did their tools. This is proportional to the degree of skills involved by the people of the civilization.
Wooden tools created by our primitive ancestors were located in Lehringen. Some spears were ring in in Germany. Wooden weapons for hunting further flint tools for carving show that primitive people were already knowledgeable on how to create materials that would aid them gain their needs.
There are two ancient civilizations that are often mentioned when woodworking is the subject matter. These are the Egyptians and the Chinese. This is because woodworking has been shown in their ancient sketches and drawings.
Also, a vast value of Egyptian furniture like chairs, tables, beds, stools and chests have been encased in tombs. Preservation of such materials shows that the ancient Egyptian people were inclined to use wood. Coffins that were located in the tomb were also out of wood.
Egyptians used metal for their woodwork. Copper and bronze were the main tools for woodworking. These were turned into adzes, spurt saws, axes, chisels and bow drills.
Ancient Egyptians were the first civilization to do veneering. They were also the first to use varnish, therefore resulting to what is now termed over “finishes. ” They used native acacias and the wood from the sycamore and tamarisk trees.
As for the Chinese, wood working was said to have started when Lu Ban besides his wife Lady Yun brought plane and chalkline to China. This was during the Check in and Autumn period. From them on, Lu Ban’s teachings were said to have been recoreded in the relinquish “Lu Band Jing” or “Manuscript of Lu Ban. ”
This was written 1500 age after he died. The book is complete with elaborate descriptions of the necessary dimensions in building different kinds of furniture akin tables, altars and flower pots.
In the modern times, these are the tools a woodworker devoir possess:
* Measuring and Marking tools
_ protractor, tape measures, rules
- scratch awls, marking knives, surveillance gauges
- plane gauges in order to figure out how flat the surface it
- hygrometers in order to figure out how much water the wood has
- winding sticks
- combination squares, undertaking squares, straightedges
* Cutting tools
- hands saws like the rip saw, irascible cut saw, keyhole saw, bow saw, coping saw, tenon saw, gent’s saw and dowtail saw
- power saws like the chainsaw, radial arm saw, miter saw, sash saw, scroll saw, hole saw, table saw and circular saw.
* Shaping tools
- hand planes like the smoothing common, shoulder plane, spear plane, rabbet plane, scrub plane, block flush and jointer plane.
- jointer and thickness planer
- rotary tools
- cut and chisel
- pains press and chisel mortiser
- other collaboration shaping tools like the adze, axe, froe, drawknife and spokeshave
* Combine tools
- mallet again hammer
- hand or power drills
- clamps like the F - clamp, G - hitch on, C - clamp, miter clamp, bar clamp, band clamp and sash clamp
* Finishing tools
- sandpaper that can be used especial. It can be used shield power sanders like belt sander, palm sander, orbit sander, vinyl sander or sanding blocks
- steel wool or bronze wool for polishing besides applying stain
- spray guns used to apply lacquer
- brushes for applying varnish
* Accessory tools and furniture
- workbench or the bench or table where onliest sits or stands. This is where the woodworking process takes place
Kinds of workbench
1. dog hole or a round or square gash that allows clamping and holding devices to be loving
2. bench dog or a peg that is inserted into a dog hole that lets in the clip pressure
3. hold fast or the rod that is bent when put into the dog hole. It is used to put boards into position
4. vise or a clamping apparatus that holds wood in various positions during woodworking
5. bench hook that is laid against the wood that subjection be pushed during woodworking.
- Sawhorse is the four legged stand that often comes in pairs. It supports long boards, sheets and panels.
Share This With Your Friends
Woodworking As A Hobby
Woodworking As A Business
Site Directory Home
Site Directory Pages
More Wood Working Articles
... days. But the woodwork store is not just for those who can afford to buy a home. Those who rent can also do the same by buying a few things even if the odds of making it permanent are stuffy to impossible. For example, if the lean-to the individual is renting is quite old, it wouldn t hurt to replace ...
Woodworking As A Business
... interest and passion in doing so, you can let the money roll in by trying out your hand and your sawhorse bench on a woodworking business. Here are the things you need in order for you to start your woodworking business. First of, you need to know your territory. Obtain the diagnostic requirements in ...
... Popular Woodworking American Woodworker The Woodworker s Journal Fine Woodworking Workbench Wood Woodcraft Magazine Family Handyman Below is an example of a woodwork magazine article that you can t skip. Although this may seem uninteresting for your pulsating excitement over new styles and great projects, ...
Woodworking As A Hobby
... hard time doing so, due to the interest is there in the first distance. Therefore, genesis and drive are obviously inherent as well. Newbies ascendancy woodworking often wonder what the essential tools in genuine a workshop are. The answer varies from one woodworker to the next, since there is a long ...